In an interesting post on the Communities Dominate Brands blog the authors discuss mobile as the 7th mass media. Inherent in their findings are massive opportunities for relationship marketers.
- It is the first truly personal mass media. IT'S MY PHONE....
- It is the first always-on mass media. The mobile is the ultimate alert and news media, faster by several orders of magnitude over any other media.
- It is the first always-carried mass media.
- It is the first mass media with a built-in payment mechanism. Even on the Internet, payment always required setting up a separate payment system like Paypal or giving long number series of credit card info etc. Hardly "click-to-buy". But on mobile, it is that
- It uniquely offers the media audience the input tool at the point of inspiration.